Getting year-round tax help from the IRS is easier than ever before. The IRS website has many online tools that you can use to get the service you need. For example, with IRS.gov you can e-file your tax return for free, easily check the status of your refund, or get many of your tax questions answered. Here are some of the online tools that the IRS offers to make filing your taxes less taxing:
- IRS Free File. You can use IRS Free File to prepare and e-file your federal tax return for free. Free File will do much of the work for you with brand-name tax software or Fillable Forms. If you still need to file your 2013 tax return, Free File is available through Oct. 15. The only way to use IRS Free File is through the IRS website.
- Where’s My Refund? Checking the status of your tax refund is easy when you use Where’s My Refund? You can also use this tool with the IRS2Go mobile app.
- Direct Pay. Use our Direct Pay service to pay your tax bill or pay your estimated tax directly from your checking or savings account. Direct Pay is safe, easy and free. The tool walks you through five simple steps to pay your tax in one online session.
- Online Payment Agreement. If you can’t pay your taxes in full, apply for an Online Payment Agreement. The Direct Debit payment plan option is a lower-cost hassle-free way to make monthly payments.
- Withholding Calculator. If you got a larger refund or owed more tax than you expected when you filed your tax return, you may need to change the amount of tax taken out of your paycheck. The Withholding Calculator tool can help you complete a new Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate to give to your employer.
- Get Transcript. If you apply for a loan or student financial aid, you may need to get a tax transcript. With Get Transcript, you can download and print your transcript or ask the IRS to mail it to your address of record.
- Interactive Tax Assistant. Use the Interactive Tax Assistant tool to get answers to common tax questions. The tool will guide you step-by-step to the answer to your question based on your situation.
- Tax Map. The IRS Tax Map gives you a single point to get tax law information by subject. It integrates your topic with related tax forms, instructions and publications into one research tool.
- IRS Select Check. If you want to deduct your gift to charity, the organization you give to must be qualified. Use the IRS Select Check tool to see if a group is qualified.
IRS YouTube Videos:
- Welcome to Free File – English
- Free IRS Tax Help – English | Spanish | ASL
- When Will I Get My Refund? – English | Spanish | ASL
- IRS2Go 4.0 – English | Spanish | ASL
- Online Payment Agreement – English | Spanish | ASL
- IRS Withholding Calculator – English | Spanish | ASL
- Help Yourself! – English | Spanish | ASL